cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wrong time cme 4.1

silex
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 models of phones on the system 7906 and 7940. The 7906 is showing the wrong time whereas the 7940 is correct. the 7906 is one hour behind. I have the network locale set in telephony service as UK, but on the settings of the phone it says it is using the built in network locale which is set to US. The firmware for the phone is 8.2 Sr1, which is the reccomended. Is there a way of forcing the phone to use the system locale as opposed to the phones inbuilt one?

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

do you have timezone set correctly under telephony-service ?

I haven't set it in the telephont-service, I wasn't aware you needed to.

I have looked at the command reference it only refers to the command being specific to the 7970G.

I believed, perhaps mistakenly, that all the ip phones get the time from the router itself. Not the telephony service.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Just to add a note to the great info from Paolo. The 8.2.1 firmware that was recommended last Spring actually had a flaw/bug that meant it didn't work to update the DST time. So shortly after the Spring DST change the notice changed to reflect the updated info. We spent many many many hours prepping for the DST change and our results still failed due to the firmware issue. On CCM you can overcome this problem by resetting the affected phones via ccmadmin (does not work unplugging/plugging them)

Here are the two DST Notice versions;

Newest Version;

Customers who are using the following Cisco Unified IP phone models:

7971-GE

are required to upgrade to the following phone firmware to display the correct time:

* CCME 3.X, 4.0 and 4.0(x) customers need to upgrade the phone load to 8.0(4)SR2.

* CCME 4.1 and 7931 customers need to upgrade the phone load to 8.2(2)SR1.

Here is what the notice said last April before the Spring DST change :(

Customers who are using the following Cisco Unified IP phone models:

7971-GE

are required to upgrade to the following phone firmware to display the correct time:

* CCME 3.X, 4.0 and 4.0(x) customers need to upgrade the phone load to 8.0(4)SR2.

* CCME 4.1 and 7931 customers need to upgrade the phone load to 8.2(1).

Hope this helps! I hate the DST :) Sorry, I was having a bit of a "moment" here.

Rob

Rob, thanks for the feedback, I have the latest reccomended firmware for the 7906.

I can't understand that on the phone settings the network locale is set for inbuilt. Inbuilt is set for US and I cannot change it.

Silex,

the network locale is set for inbuilt because US is the default so that it doesn't override the "phone default" that is US already. If you was to set another country, you would see that changed in phone.

However, network locale only set audible tones and has nothing to do with the time problem.

Again, which exact IOS version are you running ?

Do you have "timezone" set under telephony service ? Do you have the correct time and DST info from "show clock" ?

The IOs is 12.4(15)T1.

I have not got time-zone set in telephony-service.

Sh clock is showing as correct.

On further investigation, I understand that the 7940's,7960's have the network locales already in the IOS. It seems the newer phone 7906, doesn't have the inbuilt locales and you need to download country specific locales for this and some other phone models.

So do you think that by setting the time-zone in telephony service will force the 7906 phones to use this as their clock rather than its default. Sorry if it seems such an obvious thing, but i haven't seen any mention of this on any cisco document, the customer site is long distance and I cannot get remote access to the voice gateway.

Hi,

timezone is a simple but mandatory command for correct time to show. The "locales" are needed only fi you are not "US".

Cisco has good documentation but sometime forget basic things (beside, I haven't checked if this is the case for timezone).

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: