live video distribution using CDN

Unanswered Question

I am planning a ACNS/CDN deployment that will based around web-caching, prepos content, VOD's and Live Video distribution for town hall meetings to Corporate sites.

I have completed the ACNS training and have a good picture of what I am going to be doing. The only real concern I have surrounds the distribution of VOD's and the Live streaming to potentially thousands of clients at each corporate site.

My plan was to allow content acquistion (for VOD's and Live Broadcasts) across the WAN using Unicast streams to each of the WAE edge devices (Easy stuff). For the distribution to the LAN (which could be 500+ users) I figured I would enable Multicasting (IGMP snooping, not so easy?) I have never worked with Multicast but have assosciates who have, should i expect performance hits to the LAN? or is this the recommended form of distribution?

I have purchased the proper licenses to accomplish this but before I move forward with this strategy I thought I would check here to see if anyone has done a deployment like this, I would love to hear some feedback both postive and negative.

The CDN will consist of two tiers, with the top level sites having WAE-7326's and WAE-612's at the second tier. All sites have an average of 10Mbs links with ISR enabled routers and a collapsed backbone design in the core.

Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion