cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High 802.11 MAC Counters Errors on WLC

rmathewsjr55
Level 1
Level 1

When I log into our WLC I see a very high TX Failed, ACK Failure, RTS Failure and FCS Error Counts. Is this normal? How can I troubleshoot this problem? We have 10 LAPs that are in the same network as the managed and ap manager interfaces on the WLC. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Quantify very high please. Truly very high error rates usually are due to multipath issues in your RF network. However, MTU size can also have an effect. If you could, please send over a list of errors from a 10 minute slice of time under normal load. This will assist us in understanding your network. Also, please include client device types and overall network environment on the RF side.

The client devices are laptops running Windows XP Pro. The maximum number of clients so far has been 5. How do I get a 10 minute slice from the controller? So far I am only familiar with using the GUI. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: