cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone over VPN

PDurandjr
Level 1
Level 1

I recently reinstalled windows on my laptop. Since then, my softphone will not connect to the server when connected via vpn. I can use remote desktop, etc. so I know my connection to the vpn is good. I uninstalled and reinstalled the vpn software and the softphone software with no luck. My softphone configuration is exactly as it was before I reinstalled windows and it was in working order at that time. I've tried just about everything that I can think of. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

If you mean IP Communicator, you can try the latest IPC software or turn off Win Firewall services if it is on.

You can also go to start>prog > IP communictor > create Problem report

which should create a zip file of a lot of files and look at the trace file to see if you can spot what is happening.

IP Communicator is what I meant, sorry. I did turn off the firewall service off as I thought that could be the problem but no luck. I'll try creating the problem report and see if that can give me some info on the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Have you configured CallManager for IPCommunicator as a device?

Is your laptop or desktop mac address is associated in CallManager?

Also after the instllation of the IPCommunicator, are you pointing to your tftp server?

Yeah, as I said earlier in the post, it is configured exactly as it was before and it was working correctly then. The strange thing is that when I am at the office it works fine. It just doesn't like being connected to the vpn for some reason as it will not work when connected via vpn.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: