Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM-10 Connectivity

gtuhindhaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have bought a ASA5510 with AIP SSM 10 recently. AIP has one interface. And ASA has 4 interface. I need to know the connectivity system. Could someone please tell me what will be the connectivity. What to connect in AIP interface. Should I connect this port with any of the 4 ports in ASA and then send all traffic from ASA to AIP.

Please, I am new with this security product. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Tuhin

2 Replies 2

jwalker
Level 3
Level 3

The interface on the AIP SSM is for management. This can be plugged into any network that you prefer. Once it is plugged in to the preferred VLAN, change the IP info to reflect the new network. I WOULD NOT recommend connecting it directly to an ASA interface!! This can cause problems... Since the AIP monitors the backplane of the firewall, you won't need any other connections than the management connection. Also, you will need to configure your ASA to send the interesting traffic to the AIP for inspections.

Please rate useful posts.

Jay

Thanks a lot Mr. Jay. Its now clear to me.

Thanks.

Tuhin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card