Failed 801. Studying for 802.

Unanswered Question
Nov 4th, 2007

Well I took the 640-801 on 11/2 and failed with a 783.

I thought I was prepared for the exam after spending many many hours over several months studying, but I guess not.

My question now is how to start studying for the 640-802? I have just ordered the Wendel Odom library for the new exam, but I feel like I am now starting from scratch and that it will be months again before I am ready to test.

Is anyone else out there in this situation, and does anyone have any advice??

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
kipstylee Sun, 11/04/2007 - 19:28

I'm in the same boat, i studied on and off for a year for 801, even took a $2000 3 week crash course type class that paid for testing, after going through the schools hoops successfully feeling very confident about testing after them filling my head with if you can pass ours, you breeze through theirs. I scored a 65%, very frustrating, but after putting in so much time, I have to complete this, I just finished reading ICND1 802 and the new books are 10 fold easier to understand as it throws in real scenarios that are current compared to 801 having definitions and technologies that are out of date. So not sure how you should start, but i will tell you the new books are easier to understand and more relevant to the new technologies.

Good luck

Kip

howtonetwork Mon, 11/05/2007 - 00:00

Hi,

Keep your chin up. We all fail exams from time to time. The benefit to you is you will be passing the new exam and will know lots more than you would have if you just passed the 640-801

I have posted all the new content on www.howtonetwork.net or if you just want to do a practise exam testing the new topics only I have posted the Free 640-802 topics only upgrade exam below:

http://www.howtonetwork.net/public/department33.cfm

All the best

Paul

www.howtonetwork.net

www.subnetting-secrets.com

www.networksinc.co.ukHi,

Keep your chin up. We all fail exams from time to time. The benefit to you is you will be passing the new exam and will know lots more than you would have if you just passed the 640-801

I have posted all the new content on www.howtonetwork.net or if you just want to do a practise exam testing the new topics only I have posted the Free 640-802 topics only upgrade exam below:

http://www.howtonetwork.net/public/department33.cfm

All the best

Paul

www.howtonetwork.net

www.subnetting-secrets.com

www.networksinc.co.uk

fastpony21 Mon, 11/05/2007 - 06:19

I am in the same boat with all the frustrated individuals who have gone through these certification hoops. I too have passed the CISCO CCNA Net Academy. I have been programming switches and routers in the private sector now for about 6 years and feel that i know what i am doing. I have taken the CCNA test 4 times and failed in the past 4 years. Interestingly, my scores are all the same. Usually you get better in time, obviously not me. I seriously feel like giving up my career certification track with CISCO and concentrating on getting my bachelors.

michael_schuler Mon, 11/05/2007 - 06:44

I am approaching 50 and having a time finding a job it IT, been in it for 20+ years. Get a Bachelors,in something. I'll graduate in December.

pipemajor Mon, 11/05/2007 - 13:25

I just failed my 640-811 ICND exam today for the 2nd time. I first wrote it summer '06 but ran out of time then with 13 questions remaining.

Today I completed the entire exam, successfully resolved the only sim on the test (simple RIP misconfig - everything pinged successfully when I was done) but only marginally did better than last year' attempt. All four categories were scored 60-70% accross the board so no single deficiency to work on. Final score was 709. I failed the 640-607 CCNA exam 3 years ago with a 770 so I'm going backwards.

I take it just reading the Cisco book probably isn't enough? I just don't where I'm getting tripped up. There were only a few questions on this exam I was unsure of.

Being that I did pass the 640-821 exam Cisco says I can just take the ICND2 640-816 exam and still get the CCNA. Gotta get new books tho - and perhaps a bunch of practice exams.

Actions

This Discussion