cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccme router how we can change the ccme version ?

sunnyverghese
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ALL

I have one new ccme the ios version is Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3845-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.3(11)T12

sh telephony-service

CONFIG (Version=3.2)

i downloaded the new ios and uploaded the ios in the router (c3845-ipvoicek9-mz.124-17) then i checked it is showing the same version 3.2

how i can change the version from 3.2 to 4.x kindly send your valuable reply

regards

sunny

12 Replies 12

hi rob

I installed the lasted ios c3845-ipvoicek9-mz.124-17.bin for ccme 3485 and still it showing "sh telephony-service 3.3 " how i can change to 4.2 version or 4.1 version.

kindy provide your suggestion to go further.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sunny,

I'm not sure about that IOS. Why don't you start by upgrading IOS to 12.4(11)XJ4, for CME 4.1. This seems to be a highly rated and stable IOS/CME combination.

12.4(11)XW2 - CME 4.2

12.4(15)T - CME 4.1

12.4(11)XJ - CME 4.1

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

i selected the 12.4(11)XJ4 which feature set i need to select.how i can load the ring tones phone firm loads .

waiting for yor reply.

Hi Rob

As you suggested i installed the 12.4(11)XJ - CME 4.1 in the 3845 but if i install the 12.4(11)XW2 - CME 4.2 , i think i dont have enough space to install the phone firmwire

my flash size is 64 mb

CME 4.2 Full System Files for IOS 12.4(11)XW releases, includes GUI files, BACD prompts, Ringtones, 7970 Backgrounds, and all phone loads size is 58843136 so how i can upload the ring tones ,other firmwires ????

kindly give your valubale suggestions about this matter.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sunny,

Sorry for the delay as I was not in the office yesterday :)

Phone Firmware Files

Phone firmware files provide code to enable phone displays and operations. These files are specialized for each phone type and protocol, SIP or SCCP, and are periodically revised. You must be sure to have the appropriate phone firmware files for the types of phones, protocol being used, and Cisco Unified CME version at your site.

New IP phones are shipped from Cisco with a default manufacturing SCCP image. When a IP phone downloads its configuration profile, the phone compares the phone firmware mentioned in the configuration profile with the firmware already installed on the phone. If the firmware version differs from the one that is currently loaded on the phone, the phone contacts the TFTP server to upgrade to the new phone firmware and downloads the new firmware before registering with Cisco Unified CME.

Generally, phone firmware files are included in the Cisco Unified CME software archive that you download. They can also be posted on the software download website as individual files or archives.

In later versions, the following conventions are used:

SCCP firmware-P003xxyyzzww, where x represents the major version, y represents the major subversion, z represents the maintenance version, and w represents the maintenance subversion.

SIP firmware-P0S3-xx-y-zz, where x represents the major version, y represents the minor version, and z represents the subversions.

The third character in a filename-Represents the protocol, "0" for SCCP or "S" for SIP.

For Java-based IP phones, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911, 7941, 7941GE, 7961, 796GE, 7970, and 7971, the firmware consists of multiple files including JAR and tone files. All of the firmware files for each phone type must be downloaded the TFTP server before they can be downloaded to the phone.

The following example shows a list of phone firmware files that are installed in flash memory for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911:

tftp server-flash:SCCP11.7-2-1-0S.loads

tftp server-flash:term06.default.loads

tftp server-flash:term11.default.loads

tftp server-flash:cvm11.7-2-0-66.sbn

tftp server-flash:jar11.7-2-0-66.sbn

tftp server-flash:dsp11.1-0-0-73.sbn

tftp server-flash:apps11.1-0-0-72.sbn

tftp server-flash:cnu11.3-0-0-81.sbn

However, you only specify the filename for the image file when configuring Cisco Unified CME. For Java-based IP phones, the following naming conventions are used for image files:

SCCP firmware-TERMnn.xx-y-z-ww or SCCPnn.xx-y-zz-ww, where n represents the phone type, x represents the major version, y represents the major subversion, z represents the maintenance version, and w represents the maintenance subversion.

The following example shows how to configure Cisco Unified CME so that the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911 can download the appropriate SCCP firmware from flash memory:

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)#load 7911 SCCP11.7-2-1-0S

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp1003087

Step 1 Go to http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-key.

Step 2 Select the file to download.

Step 3 Download zip file to tftp server.

Step 4 Use the zip program to extract the file to be installed, then:

a. If the file is an individual file, use the copy command to copy the files to router flash:

Router# copy tftp://x.x.x.x/P00307020300.sbn flash:

b. If the file is a tar file, use the archive tar command to extract the files to flash memory.

Router# archive tar /xtract source-url flash:/file-url

Step 5 Verify the installation. Use the show flash: command to list the files installed in in flash memory.

Hope this helps! Again, sorry for the delay :)

Rob

Hi Sunny,

Sorry for the delay as I was not in the office yesterday :)

Phone Firmware Files

Phone firmware files provide code to enable phone displays and operations. These files are specialized for each phone type and protocol, SIP or SCCP, and are periodically revised. You must be sure to have the appropriate phone firmware files for the types of phones, protocol being used, and Cisco Unified CME version at your site.

New IP phones are shipped from Cisco with a default manufacturing SCCP image. When a IP phone downloads its configuration profile, the phone compares the phone firmware mentioned in the configuration profile with the firmware already installed on the phone. If the firmware version differs from the one that is currently loaded on the phone, the phone contacts the TFTP server to upgrade to the new phone firmware and downloads the new firmware before registering with Cisco Unified CME.

Generally, phone firmware files are included in the Cisco Unified CME software archive that you download. They can also be posted on the software download website as individual files or archives.

In later versions, the following conventions are used:

SCCP firmware-P003xxyyzzww, where x represents the major version, y represents the major subversion, z represents the maintenance version, and w represents the maintenance subversion.

SIP firmware-P0S3-xx-y-zz, where x represents the major version, y represents the minor version, and z represents the subversions.

The third character in a filename-Represents the protocol, "0" for SCCP or "S" for SIP.

For Java-based IP phones, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911, 7941, 7941GE, 7961, 796GE, 7970, and 7971, the firmware consists of multiple files including JAR and tone files. All of the firmware files for each phone type must be downloaded the TFTP server before they can be downloaded to the phone.

The following example shows a list of phone firmware files that are installed in flash memory for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911:

tftp server-flash:SCCP11.7-2-1-0S.loads

tftp server-flash:term06.default.loads

tftp server-flash:term11.default.loads

tftp server-flash:cvm11.7-2-0-66.sbn

tftp server-flash:jar11.7-2-0-66.sbn

tftp server-flash:dsp11.1-0-0-73.sbn

tftp server-flash:apps11.1-0-0-72.sbn

tftp server-flash:cnu11.3-0-0-81.sbn

However, you only specify the filename for the image file when configuring Cisco Unified CME. For Java-based IP phones, the following naming conventions are used for image files:

SCCP firmware-TERMnn.xx-y-z-ww or SCCPnn.xx-y-zz-ww, where n represents the phone type, x represents the major version, y represents the major subversion, z represents the maintenance version, and w represents the maintenance subversion.

The following example shows how to configure Cisco Unified CME so that the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911 can download the appropriate SCCP firmware from flash memory:

Router(config-telephony)#load 7911 SCCP11.7-2-1-0S

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp1003087

Step 1 Go to http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-key.

Step 2 Select the file to download.

Step 3 Download zip file to tftp server.

Step 4 Use the zip program to extract the file to be installed, then:

a. If the file is an individual file, use the copy command to copy the files to router flash:

Router# copy tftp://x.x.x.x/P00307020300.sbn flash:

b. If the file is a tar file, use the archive tar command to extract the files to flash memory.

Router# archive tar /xtract source-url flash:/file-url

Step 5 Verify the installation. Use the show flash: command to list the files installed in in flash memory.

Hope this helps! Again, sorry for the delay :)

Rob

Hi Rob

I really appreciate your help , once its done i will update you .

hi rob

Now i am facing a problem if i try to configure i am getting the error

(config)#ephone 1

ephone tag 1 exceeds max-ephones 0

kindly help me out to solve the issue.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sunny,

Nice to see we are making headway here :) This is very common and should be easy to solve;

The max-ephones command limits the number of Cisco IP phones supported on the router. The maximum number you can set is platform- and version-dependent.

Use CLI help to determine the maximum number of ephones you can set, as shown in this example:

Router(config-telephony)# max-ephones ?

<1-48> Maximum phones to support

The max-dn command similarly limits the number of extensions (ephone-dns) in a Cisco CME system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You can increase the number of phones; but after the maximum allowable number is configured, you cannot reduce the limit of the Cisco IP phones without rebooting the router.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After using this command, configure phones by using the Cisco CME graphic user interface (GUI) or the router CLI in ephone configuration mode.

Examples

The following example sets the maximum number of Cisco IP phones in a Cisco CME system to 24:

Router(config-telephony)# max-ephones 24

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_m1ht.html#wp1008357

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks a lot for your help , the topics really help me a lot

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sunny,

You are most welcome :) Glad to be of some small help!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: