I passed 640-801 exams on 2nd Nov. This was my second attempt. When I failed for the first time a month ago, I was totally discouraged. But after one month serious preparation, finally I made it.
I made my mind to give 640-801, 10 month before and started preparing for it. I used lots of study materials like
Sybex CCNA guide
Cisco Press CCNA guide
Train Signal CCNA video
CCNA Prep centre
Different Simulators (not rich enough to buy real router)
I practiced more than 2 thousands questions from different books, site and CDs.
My experiences and suggestions to those want to appear CCNA
1. Practice as much questions as you can (understand the concept behind question)
2. Practice on simulator. If you can afford real routers then it is even better.
3. Practice subnetting and be real fast (subnetting in head) Thanks to all those who post on this site about subnetting. Subnetting was one of the reasons I failed for the first time.
3. On exams don't waste too much time on simulator (spend about 10 minute) question
4. Be confidence and positive.... don't loose hope if you FAIL for the first time, learn from your mistakes.
Best of Luck! Thanks to all on this forum!!