Passed 640-801 ! Thanks to everyone !!

Unanswered Question

I passed 640-801 exams on 2nd Nov. This was my second attempt. When I failed for the first time a month ago, I was totally discouraged. But after one month serious preparation, finally I made it.

I made my mind to give 640-801, 10 month before and started preparing for it. I used lots of study materials like

Sybex CCNA guide

Cisco Press CCNA guide

Train Signal CCNA video

CCNA Prep centre

Different Simulators (not rich enough to buy real router)

I practiced more than 2 thousands questions from different books, site and CDs.

My experiences and suggestions to those want to appear CCNA

1. Practice as much questions as you can (understand the concept behind question)

2. Practice on simulator. If you can afford real routers then it is even better.

3. Practice subnetting and be real fast (subnetting in head) Thanks to all those who post on this site about subnetting. Subnetting was one of the reasons I failed for the first time.

3. On exams don't waste too much time on simulator (spend about 10 minute) question

4. Be confidence and positive.... don't loose hope if you FAIL for the first time, learn from your mistakes.

Best of Luck! Thanks to all on this forum!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
arifmscelectronics Mon, 11/05/2007 - 20:39

Thanks. And congrate to u also.

How much u have scored in the exam.

Thank once again to u for giving me the output of the router on the stick.

I have scored 923. What ur score.

congrate once again

I bought the Cisco Press books and I think I paid around $60 or $80 dollars. Each book had a CD with a netsim in it and practice tests. I also got some CBTs from CBTNuggets.com. The books are good and make sure you know the material listed on the exam topics/descriptions because if you don't feel comfortable in one area, you're doomed. Make sure you understand what all the exam topics mean because if you don't, then you are not ready for the test.

Actions

This Discussion