cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset question for 7941's

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have 2 headsets connected on 7941's so an agent can train a new agent by having them listen to the call as it is happening? The only thing I can think of is connecting one headset to the headset port and the other to the handset port. When I did that the headset could hear but the handset couldn't. Any suggestions, is it even possible?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

We don't use Amplifiers with the Cisco phones either :) It has been awhile since I used one of these babys and the picture in the pdf is poor, but you should still be good to go. It really just splits the output cord (from 7941) at the "quick disconnect" coupler into to 2 "quick disconnect" connections for 2 Headsets.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Not buggin at all my friend :) That picture is very confusing to say the least. The cord from the 7941 will be a M12 (26716-01) already and this will plug into the "Black Box/Mute Button as you noted. I just phoned our Plantronics provider (who I trust) to ensure that this will work and he has assured me that this will work with 7900 series Cisco Phones.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could maybe head over to radio shack and get an RJ11 coupler and splitter. Split the headset jack to (2) inputs on the phone. It might work.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

If you use Plantronics Headsets the is a "Y" cord made specifically for this purpose.

"Y" Training Adapter

The Y training cable allows you to connect two headsets with QD (Quick Disconnect) connections to one phone. It also includes a mute switch which allows you to mute either headset.

This adapter is compatible with the following products:

QD amplifiers, such as the M12, M10, M22, MX10, M12 LUCM, A20, and S20

Polaris headsets

DA series adapters (for USB ports)

Avaya/Lucent HIC and HIP cables

It is not compatible with the S12 or any cordless/wireless products. (A CA10 with a 2.5mm to QD adapter cable is the only exception.)

The part number for the Y training adapter is 27019-03.

There are 2 versions of the Y training adapter. The difference is the version of the QD locks in the package.

27019-03 has 62976-01 - Latest version of the Quick Disconnect (QD) lock

27019-01 had 29733-01 - Older version of QD lock

If you have an older style of QD connection (which has a flat edge rather than a semi-circle at the end), the Y cord for those versions of QD has been obsolete and is no longer available. They were part number 21847-01 (for SSI) and 21847-02 (Supra) and they also did not have a mute switch.

Cord,“Y”

Training

QD to QD

27019-03

http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/plantronics.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=186&p_created=979856369&p_sid=n3Wgk-Pi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9OTgmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzP...

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your help on this. We do have Plantronic headsets but we are not using any amplifier - just plugged into the port on the phone (mgmt decision to save $$). Is that an issue then?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

We don't use Amplifiers with the Cisco phones either :) It has been awhile since I used one of these babys and the picture in the pdf is poor, but you should still be good to go. It really just splits the output cord (from 7941) at the "quick disconnect" coupler into to 2 "quick disconnect" connections for 2 Headsets.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Sorry to keep buggin on this...looking at the picture what type of connector is on the end where the red button is? Is that the end that connects into the 7941?

Thanks, I just want to make sure when I say go buy this it'll work for my customer.

Thanks again for your help.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Not buggin at all my friend :) That picture is very confusing to say the least. The cord from the 7941 will be a M12 (26716-01) already and this will plug into the "Black Box/Mute Button as you noted. I just phoned our Plantronics provider (who I trust) to ensure that this will work and he has assured me that this will work with 7900 series Cisco Phones.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Cool - you rock!

Hi John,

Thanks man!

Take care,

Rob

Hi Rob - OT...it seems like you know quite a bit so I hope you don't mind me asking you directly. A customer came to me and asked about wireless Cisco phones, I looked and it appears there are the 7920's.

With that said will they work with CCM 4.2(3) and do we need to buy any licenses or anything else. I went into CCM and prestended to try to build a 7920 and it looked like it would allow me to do so.

Thanks in advance!

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

I have a product, which allows to use a regular PC Multimedia Headsets with Cisco IP Phones (7940/41/60/61/70/71). You can plug a "Y" splitter (available at the RadioShack)into the "speaker" jack, and connect a headset and additional headphone. I don't think dual microphones will work though (at least at acceptable quality). You can check my products online at:

http://www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

http://www.headsetadapter.com

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

No worries my friend :) The truth of the matter with these phones you need a Wireless 802.11a,b,g infrastructure in place. If you have a wireless setup (easiest with Cisco) then the 7920 and 7921G can both work with CCM 4.2. The standard purchase of phone and license still applies as with all 7900 series IP Phones. The 7921G is the newest "wireless" model with color display and some other nice features;

Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Versions 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 5.0, and later

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet0900aecd805e315d.html

Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920

Compatible with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Versions 5.0, 4.2, 4.1, 4.0, 3.3, and later

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet09186a00801739bb.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: