ACS 3.3 bug using lowercase v?

Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2007
User Badges:

We've been testing the Cisco 4400 controller along with several 1130 thin AP's using 802.1x/WPA2/AES/PEAP. Everything has been working great. However, in order for the users to be able to authenticate to AD from their wireless connection, ACS needs to have their fully qualified domain name in the ACS database. For example: domain\userid

If we just use userid, we authentication failures. Not a problem though, since if we add the domain name and a forward slash everything is OK. EXCEPT for any userid that begins with a lowercase v. When this occcurs, the \v gets changed into a strange box character and the users are not able to authenticate. I tried using upper case userid's instead. The strange box character goes away, but users are still unable to authenticate. I downloaded the demo version of ACS 4.1 to test. I still need to add the domain name, however userid's that begin with v are able to authenticate. Is this some kind of ACS bug? If so, what's the fix? We're planning on implementing a wireless LAN soon and this will definitely be an issue for us.

Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network