cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is AIP-SSM-20

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

I have been quoted for a ASA 5520 with AIP-SSM-20 and one with AIP-SSM-10 what is this?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andy

The AIP-SSM-10 and the AIP-SSM-20 are optional modules that can be installed in some of the ASA5500 models. They are used to help the ASA do Intrusion Prevention without loading down the CPU of the ASA. the -20 has more processing power than the -10 and will handle a larger volume of traffic.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks, I will be getting the ASA 5520, how can I tell if the -10 or the -20 ips add on is the one I need? We have a 10mb internet line, with 4 web servers and many VPNs

Andy

This link has a chart which provides some information and some comparisons of the various models:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

Based on the description I would think that the -10 would be sufficient for your requirements.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks, does it just mean the amount the IPS can handle at any one point before there is a performance dip? I will have some DMZ's but via a vlan switch of one of the ports too and tag the VLANs, not sure if that will change your result? The DMZ's will be just othe networks

Andy

I do not believe that it changes the results.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi experts,

I have AIP SSM-20 and i need it to be configured....so pls help me out giving me basic configuration and customized document to make it up .....thanks in advance...

pls help me.......giving me configuration guide with initial steps and allowing traffic to pass over it....if any thing more i need to configure regarding AIP SSM module u may guide me pls.....