cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Route Manipulation

akascarface
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble manipulating route selection accross 2 equal paths in my WAN environemnt. I want to make sure my Cat 3570 Stack always chooses RouterB as its default route and then when Router B fails it routes to Router A. Once Router B is avaiable again it would reconverge back to Router B. I dont want to use HSRP I want to controll all of this through OSPF on all three devices with metric manipulation. The reason I want to do this is I have 2 diffrent ISPs and one has a better latency thus choosing router B would always be optimal. My ospf is simple and basic so there is really no config post neccessary. I'm just trying to discover how I can do this. The only way I found is to clear the ospf process on one router then all the routes failover to the other but thats more of a manual change then automatic. Furthermore I cant seem to control the inbound path. Sometimes when my other wan sites send traffic it goes out one path and returns on another. Please help. Thanks guys

1 Reply 1

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

You can configure router B to originate the default as a type1 route and configure router A to originate it with the default metric type (type1). This will make sure the type1 path is always chosen.

Eg. on router B

router ospf 100

default-information originate metric-type 1

To comment on the inbound path we need to know more about your topology.

HTH

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: