Getting Certified as CCIP & CCDP in a Day!

Unanswered Question
Nov 6th, 2007

Hi Guys,

On last Friday, I passed both my final papers of 642-691 BGP+MPLS(1000/1000) & 642-871 ARCH(955/1000) for the CCIP and CCDP certifications at first attempt!! The feeling was just awesome for me to get Cisco certified for two titles within the same day! It took me five months to prepare for both certification studies with many hours of heavy reading (CiscoPress books) every day and lots of hands-on lab practices too. It was not an easy task for me, but with persistent hard work, self-discipline and self-confidence, I passed all the CCIP and CCDP exams in the end.

My next step is to look for a new job that matches my current qualifications before going for the CCIE written and lab-based exams.

Anyone who has questions about their CCNP/CCIP/CCDP studies, feel free to email me at

[email protected]

Thanks everyone!

- Peter Lee (CCNP, CCIP, CCDP)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tperrier Tue, 11/06/2007 - 04:00

Nice. You must have had some good reasons to take the equivalent of three exams in one day, though... or you like to complicate things, haha.

yclee_peter88 Wed, 11/07/2007 - 02:33

yeap, u r right. I do have good reason for it like u can smell it there :p I could have taken 2 days leave from my job to attend both exams each on separate days, but I decided to make it within 1 day so that I can take longer vacation the next time when I need it :D

Just being smart here planning my annual leaves the wise way :))

- Peter Lee (CCNP, CCIP, CCDP)

yclee_peter88 Wed, 11/07/2007 - 21:02

Dear Gracias,

If you wanna start with the easier subject, I think it all depends on which subject you are more familiar and comfortable with as a result of your working experience.

I started my CCNP study with BSCI as my job involves great deal of HSRP/OSPF/BGP/MPLS VPN/QoS configurations and troubleshooting. Besides, routing protocols were my favorite topics when I studied my CCNA.

I passed my CCNP in this order: Composite Paper 642-891 (BSCI+BCMSN) in last December, and then I completed ISCW and ONT in 5/7/2007.

For BSCI study material Check this out at

I have Cisco Network Academy - BSCI/BCMSN/ISCW/ONT version 5.

Let me know if you want it in the email.

- Peter Lee

jocharfe12 Thu, 11/08/2007 - 23:26

Hi Peter!!

Congratulations on your recently achievement

I just start studying for de CCIP certification. I was looking for the ciscopress books but I only get de BSCI book..

Where did you get your books?

Thank you... and congratulations again!!!

Jose Charpentier

Costa Rica

This Discussion