Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem regarding the using of B-ACD with PSTN connection

Hi, recently i faced a problem regarding my PSTN connection through FXO card but it was fixed :to sum up the whole thing when i dial from the PSTN to reach my FXO card the phone start ringing on the IP PHONE but when i unhook the phone from the PSTN the IP PHONE still ringing but i sole this problem using the CMD :connection plar opx 102 under my FXO port BUT THE PROBLEM STILL THERE WHEN I'M USING THE B-ACD SCRIPT thanks for helping me out , you will find in attach o copy of my router configuration.

Kindly

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

This happens because even with connection plar opx, AA-BACD immediately answers the calls, and doesn't recognize when the caller hangs-up.

So you have the classic problem of disconnect supervision as explained here:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

So, either you confgiure the correct tones for your contry/.telco, or switch to ISDN BRI, that gives you many more features and never the disconnect problem.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Damn it really makes me sick this problem, i don't even find any solutions; i read the doc that you provide me (and thx ) but still no solution to solve it the IP Phone still ringing and i know this problem is related to the FXO card cauz when i disconnect to PSTN's cable the call was released

Thanks for looking after this

Kindly

Answer the call on the IP phone, then have the call from outside hangup. Listen to the tones, and see if these matches the ones listed for your country at:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

Unless you configure the correct frequencies a the custom config as mentioned in the document, disconnect will never work.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Sorry but what did you mean by "have a call from outside hangup" is that the equivalent of listening to the tone when phones ring or what and then what tones did i have to focus in ?

thanks for your help Sir.

Kindly

Someone calls you from the PSTN. He gets the AA-BACD prompts, and then talks with you on the IP phone.

Then this person hangs up, that is, he/she puts down the handset. To all effects, he is disconnecting the call.

You on the IP phone should hear the disconnection tones. These are the tones you need to configure in the router, so that it will be able to recognize them, and disconnect as well.

Hey thanks for your help, i cannt recognize my dial tone but at least i have understood what i'm suppose to do for in order to solve this problem but it seems like some cmd doens't work on my router i have the 2811 cisco's router with IOS 12.4T, some cmd like freq-pair under voice class aren't supported by my router.

thanks

Hi,

the commands should be supported. Note, you must recognize disconnect tone, not dial tone.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate useful posts!

SO in case if i didn't find a disconnect tone with my supervisor (cauz our telephony provider doesn't provicde information related to the disconnect tone) so is there any solution except the one related to define a custom cptone.

thx in advance

There is no other solution beside listening or recording the disconnect tone and configure it.

Most likely, it will be the same as used in some other country.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: