Ive already got a tac case logged regarding this, but whilst i'm waiting for a reply I thought I would ask for other peoples advice.
A customer has asked us to configure music on hold to be played locally at one of there remote sites and I believe this can be done by storing the sample on the remote router. Thus when any phone at the remote office is placed on hold this will be streamed from the router and not from head office. By the way ive already read through moh from site router document but need some clarification on how to do this.
Here is some info about the customer's setup of the call manager.
Currently they have three call managers all located at there cental office. All three call managers are currently configured as MOH servers and currently music on hold is only being played at central office via unicast streaming.
They would like to still play the head office music on hold streaming via unicast and have the remote site streaming music via multicast. I plan to remove the third server from the central office moh group and to create a new moh group and place the third server for multicast streaming.
This is what I plan do to set this up on the call manager first, I will ask about the router config later but please let me know if this is correct:-
1. Create new region configuration called MOH_Remote
2. Apply G.711 on all codecs for all sites for MOH_Remote.
3. Remote third MOH server from current moh group (mrg-co-moh)
4. Edit 3rd server moh
6. Tick enable multicast audio sources on this MOH server
7. Enter Multicast ip address 188.8.131.52 port 16384. (Second audio source)
8. Create new music on media resource group called mrg-remote-moh and add 3rd server MOH
9. Edit MRGL-6428 (mrgl-list for remote site)
10. Add MRG-remote-moh to this list.
12. Create a new device pool called MoH_DP
13. Apply MoH_remote region and MRG-remote-moh to this dp.
14. Add music on hold audio source, with this source allow multicast and play continuously.
15. Add the MoH_DP to the moh server.
Do I also need to add the moh_dp to the central office media resouce list as well?