Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! BFD not working on ISR routers

aoshea
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

I'm having trouble with getting BFD to work between two ISR routers (a 2811 and a 3845).

I have configured ISIS between the routers (have a /30 subnet defined), and this and pings work fine.

However BFD does not form a neighbor relationship, even if I configure the BFD neighbor statically, the BFD neighbor details, shows 'State bit: AdminDown'

Each router is incrementing the tx count but has 0 as the RX count. Even a sniffer shows they are both sending BFD control messages.

Can some one help or is this a bug in the 12.4.15T1 release of code?

thanks in advance.

I always rate helpful posts.

regards, Adrian

3 Replies 3

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Just wanted to update you that BFD does not come up with 12.4(15)T1 or Previous releases on an ISR. The bug id is CSCsj77998.

Also I would like to ask some information about the problem:

- When did the problem started?

- How many users are affected?

- What troubleshooting steps have been done?

Appreciate your assistance, I also have a TAC case open for this as well.

Obviously the article mentions a release of code that is not available, do you know if this will be released at some point soon!

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Adrian.

Hi this is the response sent to TAC along with the capture files;

- When did the problem started?

The problem started, whilst trying to configure the feature, it has never worked, and in addition other routing protocols such as IS-IS have also been tested. I will be using IS-IS once the bug is fixed.

- How many users are affected?

This has not yet been deployed in the live environment as this bug has been picked up during the Proof of Concept testing. However we are hoping to go live in December using this feature, as it is require for a IPCC migration project. Approximately 500 users would be affected if the project does not go live.

- What troubleshooting steps have been done?

The feature has been validated on another platform (7200), in addition the 7200 platform has been attached to the ISR platform to see if resolves the issue, which it doesn't.

The BFD configuration has also been tested with static entries for the neighbor and BFD interval settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card