CCSP Reference

Answered Question
Nov 6th, 2007

Hello,

I need to know the best study guide for CCSP please.

ciscopress has the books, but they are for retired exams!!! They have not updated the books yet.

Thanks for your help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by pdriscoll about 9 years 1 month ago

Mehdi:

642-503 SNRS (Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches ). It also introduces many concepts which will carry over into other CCSP exams.

Check out this link for more information:

http://www.ciscopress.com/markets/detail.asp?st=44730

HTH

Patrick

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
pdriscoll Tue, 11/06/2007 - 15:01

I have not taken any of the new exams, but I would recommend you start with Cisco Router Firewall Security, by Richard Deal, available on CiscoPress. It is one of the best written technical books I have ever read, and it will provide an excellent foundation for the security track. I cannot imagine this book not being relevant to the current exam. Also, do not overlook cisco.com for lots of valuable (and free!) resources, such as the command line configuration guides. For instance:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/configuration/guide/config.html

And finally, use the Networking Professionals Connection itself - start reviewing the problems and issues submitted by others - great real world experience without the first hand pain.

Good luck, and study hard! Patrick

persepolis77 Tue, 11/06/2007 - 17:02

Hello Patrick,

Thanks alot for your help.

I took a look on the book description on Ciscopress website and the reviews. As you mentionned it seems to be a very helpful book.

I most probably go ahead and buy the book to use it in my professional life. but I got another question, you may be able to help me. Which exams of CCSP does this book cover?

Thanks again.

Mehdi

persepolis77 Mon, 11/12/2007 - 07:54

Here is an update from Ciscopress :

We will be publishing the new edition of this book in December that will

cover the 642-523 exam - 1587055422, CCSP SNPA Quick Reference (Digital

Short Cut)

and ISBN: ISBN 1587055120 - CCSP SNRS Quick Reference (Digital Short Cut)

Actions

This Discussion