cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ether channel

dangal.43
Level 1
Level 1

I have two switch connected with each other with two link and i configured the Layer 2 etherchannel on both the switches and ehterchannel status shows up/up, now i have loopback interface 0 on both the switches on switch A i have ip for loopback is 10.1.1.1/24 and on siwthc B i have loopback ip 10.2.2.2/24 now how can i make reachability to both the subnet do i need any kind of routing there?

3 Replies 3

bernardwanyama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need to have a common subnet between the two switches e.g vlan interfaces or layer 3 ports, or even turn the etherchannel into a layer 3. Then you put in static routes or use a routing protocol to advertise the loopbacks plus any other networks.

As to which approach is more optimal, I do not have an authoritative answer.

Kind regards,

Bernard

I assigned same subnet on the both the switch, i tried L2 etherchannel with access as well as on trunk too but its not working!

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

What is the exact requirement. Yes u'll have to run routing protocol for reachability to loopback from other switch.

A precise requirement may help us provide exact solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: