Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 - CRC-error job

Peter Fiers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to start a job regularly to get the number of recent CRC-errors on specific devices. Is there a way to do this? Just running NetShow with 'sh int counters errors' doesn't give me the appropriate output. Do I possibly have to use a custom script?

I'm using CW LMS 3.0 for Windows

Greets

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want to do will best be accomplished using the upcoming addition to LMS, Health and Utilization Monitor (HUM). HUM is best described as an MRTG-like plug-in for LMS which will allow you to create your own custom pollers then report on those pollers. A HUM demo will be included with LMS starting in December, but will be licensed separately.

In the meantime, CiscoView's Mini-RMON manager can show you CRC information for certain devices (mostly switches), but you cannot run periodic reports.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want to do will best be accomplished using the upcoming addition to LMS, Health and Utilization Monitor (HUM). HUM is best described as an MRTG-like plug-in for LMS which will allow you to create your own custom pollers then report on those pollers. A HUM demo will be included with LMS starting in December, but will be licensed separately.

In the meantime, CiscoView's Mini-RMON manager can show you CRC information for certain devices (mostly switches), but you cannot run periodic reports.

i am runing a periodic network show report by running "sh int summary" which only gives me input and output packets dropped in queus. Just sharing with you if it helps..

Hi,

thank you for the quick answer. My manager though wants an instant solution without any effort. Is there any function in CW to read out only the CRC-error counter on a couple of devices, on a regular basis or not, and to get the result exported in a file - without having to configure rmon?

Greets

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: