cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Subscriber Fails

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

After rebooting Unity 4.2.1 to get it to recognize the PST time change, now we can't add any new subscribers. If you try and add someone, there is a long delay and then a "fatal error" message.

The user ID and exchange 2003 mailbox are created.

If you attempt to import the user, Unity throws up another error message:

The list of available servers is empty.

Until this is rectified, it will not be possible to import subscribers.

???

Lee

2 Replies 2

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Lee,

I think that knowing the exact text of the error message would present a better opportunity to determine the nature of the problem.

Since you forced a reboot of the Unity server, (and by default logged off/on to Unity) there could be permissions issues that were not obvious until you logged back in to the Unity server.

I did some research, but didn't find any references to similar issues due to DST changes.

Please advise of the exact text of the error message as well as any errors that are in the Event Viewer/Application log.

Thanks,

Sonya

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Did you install the Microsoft Windows Daylight Savings Time patch, KB928388 (Win2000) or KB931836 (Win2003)? If not, you should do that for sure.

I don't know what's going on, but here's one thing that you can do to get some more info (hopefully) whenever you have a SA problem.

1. Stop Unity.

2. Start Internet Explorer.

3. Click Tools > Internet Options.

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. Scroll down and uncheck the box "Show friendly HTTP error messages".

6. Click OK. Close IE. Start Unity.

Now when you get the failure when adding/importing subscribers, do you get more info besides the "fatal error" message?

Nancy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: