CCNA 802 help - sources

Answered Question
Nov 6th, 2007

I took the 801 today (my first ever cert exam) and I failed! I realised what everyone already has, that the cert is not about knowledge only,....... its how you can apply it.

On the test today, I was stomped upon by problem solving like 2 simulations, why a link doesnt work. There were not many text based questions.

Unfortunately, I have a Boson simulator where only 60% of commands work. The Todd Lammle book may be the most sold, but it does not prepare any one completely. And its also confusing several places.

Does anyone know any resources where I could practice tons and tons of problem solving?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Collin Clark about 9 years 2 months ago

I would also suggest using Dynamips. What I did when studying for the CCNA was to also review the exam topic in the CCNP level track. Then lab, lab, lab ,and then one more lab. Once you get started, you'll find yourself saying, "What happens if I do this?" If what happens is exactly what you thought, you're doing well. If you say WTF? Why did that happen? Your learning and you'll keep testing yourself through the natural progression of learning a technology. If it's not fun however, you might want to consider something else. I can remember staying up until 3 or 4AM before realizing I had to be to work in a few hours. All day at work I could'nt wait to get home to try "this and that" and see what happens.

HTH

Correct Answer by erikjustinlee about 9 years 2 months ago

I would look up Dynamips/Dynagen and just run over all of the senario's that you can think of. come up with your own labs for it. Thats how I did it.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
erikjustinlee Tue, 11/06/2007 - 13:28

I would look up Dynamips/Dynagen and just run over all of the senario's that you can think of. come up with your own labs for it. Thats how I did it.

Correct Answer
Collin Clark Tue, 11/06/2007 - 13:40

I would also suggest using Dynamips. What I did when studying for the CCNA was to also review the exam topic in the CCNP level track. Then lab, lab, lab ,and then one more lab. Once you get started, you'll find yourself saying, "What happens if I do this?" If what happens is exactly what you thought, you're doing well. If you say WTF? Why did that happen? Your learning and you'll keep testing yourself through the natural progression of learning a technology. If it's not fun however, you might want to consider something else. I can remember staying up until 3 or 4AM before realizing I had to be to work in a few hours. All day at work I could'nt wait to get home to try "this and that" and see what happens.

HTH

louis4lucy Tue, 11/20/2007 - 02:29

hello sir, can you please tell me how to get "dynamips". i have written and failed the ccna exama three times already and i am preparing for it again.thanks in advance.

Actions

This Discussion