Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Calling number manipulation on MGCP Gateway

m.newbould
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I presently have a CCM5.1 system connected to a Cisco 2811 router running as an MGCP gateway for PSTN access via an ISDN30. We have CLI enabled by BT so that we can see who is calling us and this is working fine, apart from BT strip the leading 0, so a number 01204xxxxx would be displayed as 1204xxxxx. I know that if we were using a H323 gateway I could use translation patterns to add the 0 to the incoming CLI which I have tested on the bench, but is there a way to do this on the CCM with an MGCP gateway? I have tried several things, but all of the manipulation appears to be on the outgoing CLI and not incoming.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Within CCM 5.x you can prefix the leading 0 and the trunk access code if you desire, so that when you receive a call or miss a call you can simply go to your directories and press the dial softkey without having to key in the full number.

This is configured with the CallManager Service service Parameters. Open the advanced settings and scroll to the

Cluster Wide Parameters for Device - Phone section.

At the bottom of this section there are four fields for incoming calling party number prefixes, for National, International, Subscriber and unknown numplan. Simply configure your prefix here and update.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Within CCM 5.x you can prefix the leading 0 and the trunk access code if you desire, so that when you receive a call or miss a call you can simply go to your directories and press the dial softkey without having to key in the full number.

This is configured with the CallManager Service service Parameters. Open the advanced settings and scroll to the

Cluster Wide Parameters for Device - Phone section.

At the bottom of this section there are four fields for incoming calling party number prefixes, for National, International, Subscriber and unknown numplan. Simply configure your prefix here and update.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

Thanks Allan. That worked a treat!

Mark.