cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching module problem

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys i have just put NME-XD-48ES-2S-P in cisco 2851 i have put the latets version of IOS in it (c2800nm-adventerprisek9_sna-mz.124-11.T.bin) put still the router doesnt pick the module.......can someone tell me whats going on ....the router and the module are new from the box.......kindly see th error which i get while i was booting uip the router....can someone please help me as its bit urgent....thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

As per the FAQ any ios feature set supports the module.

do refer the below link for more info...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_qanda_item0900aecd8028d16a.shtml

are you trying to install this card on a 3600 series router or in your 2851 router ?

also the error message which you have posted shows that you are trying to install some Port Adapter module and its not supported can u confirm whether you have recieved this error message from your 2851 chassis .

regds

According to spremkumar it should work on any 12.4 and higher as this the migration path for 12.3(T). You have that already so I assumed it was needed to dig a little deeper.

Finally, I let the software advisor loose on this because the straightforward answer could not be found.

Please check the screenshot with the result in the attached document.

regards,

Leo

Kumar

This is the confusing thing its cisco 2851 and the mesage its giving is of 3600 i m going nuts :-)