lgijssel Wed, 11/07/2007 - 00:47
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

For dividing LANs into smaller segments, you should rather use a layer3 switch.

Suitable models are the 3560, 3750 and higher.



keller.oliver Thu, 11/08/2007 - 04:21
User Badges:

If you just want to divide a single LAN into two separate BC domains, any router with 2 fast ethernet interfaces will do.

But if there is a lot of traffic between the BC domains, the router will have to handle to that. If you know how much traffic is sent between the BC domains, you can then choose the right model.

If you plan for more BC Domains, get a switch with integrated router (L3 switch). But these are in a completely different price range.

mintheinkyaw Thu, 11/08/2007 - 05:55
User Badges:

Thank you so much guys...

The traffic are mostly Internet and emails.

I think I should buy L3 switch only.



This Discussion