cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster private password recovery

Mparusa06
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CCM 4.1(3) on MCS 7835 HCS1 servers. I have two existing servers in my cluster and want to add 2 subscribers. I am almost done installing the 2 new servers but I forgot the private cluster password and SQL password. Is there anywhere I can find these on the two original boxes? I have full Admin rights to the boxes, just can't remember the passwords that I assigned them. If I have to do a password recovery for these, is there a white paper on how to do it? Thanks.

Mike

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

This doc shows the method for resetting the SQL Password;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008014f8e8.shtml#topich

Hope this helps!

Rob

You can reset the private password phrase with the Admin Utility. Review the following link.

This link describes synchronising the passwords. You can follow the same steps, and selct 'Set new password' from the Options menu.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080557ba5.shtml

What you need to be aware of is that the private password phrase is not the password for the service accounts, but is used to generate an encrypted password for these accounts.

When running the AdminUtility you should always select all servers as the passwords will all have to be syncronised.

Incidentally this can only be run on the Publisher, and if you decide to reset the passwords then I would recommend changing them out-of-hours.

Regards

Allan.

Please rate the post if you find it helpful.

Allan,

Thanks. I am going to try it sometime tonight. Do you have to reboot the Publisher and Subs after you change the passwords? Just trying to figure how much downtime to request for the change to be made. Thanks again.

Mike

Although the utility stops and starts the respecitve services, I would recommend restarting the servers.

Regards

Allan.

I kinda figured as much. I will give it a shot tonight and let you know how it turns out going by the tech note. Thanks again!

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: