cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1300 Bridge Design/Config

johnminon
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use 2 1310 APs as trunk links between switches. I have 1 set as root-bridge and the other as non-root. The non-root stays in the reset state on the dot11radio0 and does not connect. What causes it to go into that state??

I have configured an SSID for each vlan I want to pass and an infrastucture ssid.

The switchports the APs are connected to are set as trunk ports that will pass all vlans.

If there is anyone with a config for this or has done it before would really help.

Thanks

John M.

3 Replies 3

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

The nonroot radio will stay down (even if it's enabled) until it can associate with the root bridge. I would remove all security and the VLANs to leave just one SSID then build the config back up again one step at a time.

Thanks for the input...

The radio will also stay in reset mode if it does not have an antenna attached.....We ordered the wrong p/n!!!! I now have connectivity with the internal antennas!! seems to be working well. Just a dhcp issue now.

Aha! Not having an antenna is a bit of an issue! : ) Glad you got it figured out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card