cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless radio power

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer currently is using 23 linksys routers acting as access points, those radios were software modified and are giving 250mW of power. They want replace those radios by a Cisco Solution, what do you sugest..thanks.

3 Replies 3

erikszewczyk
Level 1
Level 1

I suggest reducing power to spec (for several reasons)

1. Increasing the power (esp. in higher density environments) only serves to increase the background noise, decreasing SNR for everyone.

2. Increasing AP power does no good if the client devices are unable to get a signal back to the AP (if your client is 30mW omni there is little advantage to having the AP operate at a higher power).

hi, i forgot tell you, the country is not US, is in south america, where there is not regulations or are pedding for regulations.

The current solution is provided by other company via a rental contract.

The customer want change to a cisco solution ..

thanks

First thing to do is a site survey using Cisco APs (preferably with all the Linksys kit powered off). Without a survey any advice would be pure guesswork.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card