Welcome prompt in ICM script

Unanswered Question
Nov 7th, 2007

Hi all,

I'm building a simple script in ICM which has to play a welcome prompt and then queue to a skill group while an agent become ready.

To play the welcome prompt, as you can see in the attached picture, I use a translation to VRU node and then a Run Ext. Script Node which points to the IPIVR script containing just the prompt.

The problem is that after the prompt is played tha call is disconnected...is this the best way to play a prompt? Have you any tip or any example script?

Thank you very much.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 2 (2 ratings)
lpezj Wed, 11/07/2007 - 09:04

I think that you have to put only one 'Translation Route to VRU' node. You have to delete the 'Translation Route to VRU' node after the 'Time' node.

Don't forget to add the 'Translation Route to VRU' node after the 'Day of Week' node for 'Saturday and Sunday' branch.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

mmaddalena Wed, 11/07/2007 - 09:13

thanks for your answer.

I thought the same, that is I tryed to eliminate the second trans. route node and, after the welcome prompt, the call is disocnnected anyway. It seems that ICM is not able to get the call anymore...

Thanks again

jaward Wed, 11/07/2007 - 09:46

what do you want to happen after the prompt finishes ?

i dont think you have any behavior scripted here - the prompt plays and the ip ivr script stops. ip ivr has finished its script and there is no behavior scripted on the cce side to continue (nothing on the success leg of the run script node). you need to script for the success on the run ext script node to continue

do you always want to play the welcome prompt and then queue if no agents are available ?

you could do something like this :

transroute to vru --> run ext script "welcome prompt" --> que to skill group --> run ext script "queue script"

where the "welcome prompt" script plays your initial prompt and the "queue script" is your behavior when no agents are available (you need to queue). you will need to script for other conditions, for example when the queue script ends (success of run ext script node), changing your hold music, or give the caller the option to leave a message, etc ...

this example will also time out once the "queue script" ends successfully and action will need to be taken, you could have a timer/wait node in the icm script that hangs off the success of "queue script" and points back to it ... then when the queue script completes successfully it starts again ...

transroute to vru --> run ext script "welcome prompt" --> que to skill group --> run ext script "queue script" --> wait 1 sec --> run ext script "queue script"

something like that ...

to answer your original question, your call is ending because the ipivr has finished its script and there are no further actions configured ...

- jay

mmaddalena Thu, 11/08/2007 - 00:38

Hi Jay,

when the welcome prompt finishes there is a success leg of the Run Ext. Script node to the Time node. So I expect the ICM script contines to that step and then to the Queue step (I eliminated the second trans. route step).

I even tryed to eliminate the Time node in order to reproduce exactly what you suggested: transroute to vru --> run ext script "welcome prompt" --> que to skill group --> run ext script "queue script" but I always get the same result: the call is disconnected.

mmaddalena Thu, 11/08/2007 - 02:10

I individuated the issue: the ivr script, which gives the welcome prompt, ends with a "Terminate" step!!! Simply this was the problem: I removed it and anithing work right!

This Discussion