Views
Helpful
Replies

CW Topology services map - Unconnected devices

ogormam2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does any one know if it is possible to manually add links to devoces that do not have cdp enabled?

Thanks

Marianne

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. You can, however, export the map to Visio, then draw a more complete topology there.

Thanks very much for your response

but that is not good, what about PIX firewalls will they only show up as unconnected devices?

Correct. PIX, ASA, and FWSM devices are not supported by Campus Manager since they do not support CDP.

Hi Joe,

thanks very much for your help.

I had just spent the last hour trying to find this information on the Cisco website.

I have to say im not impressed.

This is really a big pain and a bottleneck with LMS platform. Cisco should do something to support these Cisco devices or add it manually and gte SNMP managed. Why should one not have a whole network view when everything is Cisco, I am not convinced.

Hi guys,

I'm new to LMS but was wondering if it has a dynamic view of the topology? So if I were to power off a device or disconnect a link, will this be reflected dynamically in the topology map? I've gotten email alerting to work fine though. Is this at all possible?

Please start a new thread to discuss this.

No problem, I'll do that now!

Thanks,

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: