pmccubbin Wed, 11/07/2007 - 09:45

Hi Sampath,

I would post these sort of queries in the Career Certifications forum.

I couldn't find a certification for CSA but my guess is that just like all the other specialist certifications you would need a CCNA.

The CCNA is a hard exam but one that shouldn't be avoided if you are serious about being in the field of networking.

Hope this helps and good luck on your exams!



sampathsundararajan Wed, 11/07/2007 - 09:49

Thanks Paul. But there is a CSA certification available. But the only thing I want to know is whether there is any option to do direct CSA certification without doing CCNA.

I'm into Information Security and want to compelte CSA certification.

pmccubbin Wed, 11/07/2007 - 10:16

I stand corrected.

"The Securing Hosts Using Cisco Security Agent exam 642-513 HIPS is one of the exams associated with the Cisco Certified Security Professional certification. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the HIPS v3.0 course. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge and ability to describe, configure, and verify the Cisco Security Agent product."

I was looking for a specialist exam. This one is part of the CCSP. You can certainly take the exam without a CCNA. I don't see that it would make you certified as anything. It would only mean you had passed the exam, though this a designation you certainly could place on your resume.



1cmerchant Wed, 11/07/2007 - 12:10

Paul is correct in that you 'can' take the HIPS exam without first passing your CCNA. He is also correct in saying that this wouldn't really make you certified in anything. As the HIPS exam is not currently tied to any of the specialist designations, this wouldn't gain you much unless for some reason you just need to be able to tell someone you passed the exam.


This Discussion