cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS IPS Updates not working

gmherring
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone having a problem with the automaticaly IPS signature update feature in MARS 4.3.1?

I have tried to get them from CCO and I have downloaded the updates to a local server and it stil does not work. As is usual there is not a specific log somewhere that tells you what is missing.

Is there anyway to manually update the IPS signatures from the CLI? For us this has proven to be the only way to update the MARS appliance.

3 Replies 3

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

Have you tried getting a trace? Do you need to configure a proxy for outbound HTTP?

ghalleen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check and make sure DNS is configured in MARS. I've seen this be the problem several times.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for dropping by this forum. I have your book, "Security Monitoring with Cisco Security MARS" and couldn't imagine doing an implementation for a customer without it nearby.

I've got a few Product Enhancement Requests which my customers have passed along to me. I'll combine them in a separate post under the General Security section.

Cheers!

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card