cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client disconnects at random intervals

gopcsgopcs
Level 1
Level 1

need help with VPN, please, on ATT/BellSouth DSL. I had been a Comcast cable subscriber, and I may go back yet.

On Comcast there were no VPN problems. Now on ATT/BellSouth DSL the VPN may stay connected 2 minutes or 2 hours, or anywhere in between. This is using all of the same hardware except for the modem. On Comcast it was a Motorola Surfboard 5120; now I have a Westell 6100 DSL modem.

Here is the setup. Westell DSL2+ Router/Modem, model E90-610030-06 Rev. D, dated July 2007 with latest firmware. Provisioned for Bridge mode, DHCP disabled. Goes to Linksys WRT150N with latest firmware. Provisioned for PPoE, KeepAlive=20 seconds, MTU=1300, DHCP. I am connected via Ethernet cable to the Linksys router to eliminate any kind of wireless issues. The pc is a HP notebook with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC, VPN client is Cisco VPN Dialer Version 4.8.01.0300. Far end is Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Version 4.7.2.K. I have tried IPSec/TCP and IPSec/UDP; both protocols have the same failures.

Possibly a clue... the Cisco VPN Dialer statistics reports:

Packets

Ecnrypted: 12648

Decrypted: 12850

Discarded: 7297

Bypassed: 112

The "Discarded: 7297" seems to be a high percentage of Encrypted and Decrypted Packets.

See attachment for logfile at point of disconnect.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

gopcsgopcs
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the Logfile mentioned in the original post