cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client disconnects at random intervals

gopcsgopcs
Level 1
Level 1

need help with VPN, please, on ATT/BellSouth DSL. I had been a Comcast cable subscriber, and I may go back yet.

On Comcast there were no VPN problems. Now on ATT/BellSouth DSL the VPN may stay connected 2 minutes or 2 hours, or anywhere in between. This is using all of the same hardware except for the modem. On Comcast it was a Motorola Surfboard 5120; now I have a Westell 6100 DSL modem.

Here is the setup. Westell DSL2+ Router/Modem, model E90-610030-06 Rev. D, dated July 2007 with latest firmware. Provisioned for Bridge mode, DHCP disabled. Goes to Linksys WRT150N with latest firmware. Provisioned for PPoE, KeepAlive=20 seconds, MTU=1300, DHCP. I am connected via Ethernet cable to the Linksys router to eliminate any kind of wireless issues. The pc is a HP notebook with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NIC, VPN client is Cisco VPN Dialer Version 4.8.01.0300. Far end is Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Version 4.7.2.K. I have tried IPSec/TCP and IPSec/UDP; both protocols have the same failures.

Possibly a clue... the Cisco VPN Dialer statistics reports:

Packets

Ecnrypted: 12648

Decrypted: 12850

Discarded: 7297

Bypassed: 112

The "Discarded: 7297" seems to be a high percentage of Encrypted and Decrypted Packets.

See attachment for logfile at point of disconnect.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

gopcsgopcs
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the Logfile mentioned in the original post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: