Transfer from script using call consult transfer not showing Caller ID

Unanswered Question
Nov 7th, 2007

Im using IPCC express version 5. When I use the dial by extesnion script, I am using a call consult transfer to transfer the caller to a users extension. The called party only sees the cti port number until they accept the call, at which time the caller id is then displayed. We need the caller id to be displayed when ringing instead of the cti port number.

I have already checked the box in CM 6.0 for show caller number on the line setting for each cti port with no change.

Please help!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
rbua Thu, 11/08/2007 - 06:17

Hi Chuck,

I am afraid this is by design. When a call comes into a cti route point, the call is immediately transferred to a cti

port which is where the call is while a script is run. When the call hits a select

resource step in the script an agent is selected and the call will be transferred to the

agent extension. Because of the type of transfer that is done, the agent will see the cti

port number as the calling number until the transfer is complete, ie the call is answered

by the agent, at which time the agent will see the callers calling number. There is no

way to change the type of transfer that is done but there is a script change that can be

made as a workaround.

The script change will allow the calling number to show up in the enterprise data on the

CAD before the call is answered. You can use the get session info step to get the calling

id and then set the enterprise data using the process described in chapter 2 of the Cisco

Desktop Administrator's user guide.

Chuck Reid Thu, 11/08/2007 - 06:36

Hi Riccardo,

In this case, the calls are being transferred to people who are not agents. If I switch from using a call consult to a call redirect, the caller id is displayed fine, but then if the user does not answer, the caller is going to the voicemail general greeting and not the users vm box as expected.

Any thoughts on this?

william.j.johnson Wed, 11/14/2007 - 21:22

I am experiencing the same symptoms, have you had any luck with the rna to vm box yet? Any info is helpful.

Chuck Reid Thu, 11/15/2007 - 05:44

Hi Bill,

In my scenario we are using exchange 2007 as the VM, no Unity is involved at all. I worked on this with TAC and yesterday they identified this as a bug. The exchange 2007 is integrated with CM 6 via a SIP Trunk and the redirect message is simply missing completly for a redirect butit is there for a call consult transfer. They are releasing an ES patch for this in about 2 weeks.

rbua Thu, 11/15/2007 - 05:30

HI Chuck,

check for the Unified Call Manager Enterprise Parameters, you might need to change one of them to modify the redirect functionality.

"Display CTI Route Point Name or DN" to True from False (default). This will cause CCM to treat all redirects from CTI as forwarded calls. In addition to setting the display of the destination phone correctly the callType will be 3 (Forward) instead of the default 1 (Inbound). This can fix some call routing scenarios where a call redirected via CTI will look like a direct call to a voicemail system instead of a forwarded call.

This Discussion