cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to link devices in Cisco Network Assistant

gflorescu
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Cisco Network Assistant and I discovered all of the devices in my network. However, some of the devices that should be linked are not linked by lines in the topology view. How do I manually add a link between devices?

I've checked 2 switches for example and they have a trunk link setup between the 2 of them. I checked CDP and it's turned on.

3 Replies 3

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

Is HTTP server enabled. Try entering 'ip http server' on your devices. Rediscover your devices after HTTP is enabled.

If HTTP is enabled make sure that you have added the devices to your community. The Network Assistant has discovered the devices but is not attached to them for control. Rght click on your device in Topology view and choose 'Add to Community'

I don't think you understood my question.

All the devices have HTTP enabled, they've been discovered and they've been added to the community. However, there should be links between them in the topology view. (I have devices that are physically connected with trunk ports and cdp is running).

If 2 community members in CNA are physically connected, the topology should show that link automatically. I am not aware of any functionality in CNA where you can manually add such a link between switches - the only known add link feature is only for adding a link between PIX/ASA firewall and a device in topology view - I have no idea why it is limited to those firewalls.

The only known similar problem where links are not shown between managed device and neighbor devices was in cluster mode where you connect to a managed device directly using that device's IP address. But your scenario seems to be different.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: