Views
Helpful
Replies

Out of office announcement

andreas.plaul
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am looking for an easy solution for the following scenario.

After the defined business hours (CCM ToD?) an inbound caller should hear an announcement (e.g. "Sorry we are currently out of office") before the call gets connected and the IP phone rings. I am not looking for a solution to put the caller to a Voice Mail system, but more to let them hear the announcement and then let the call pass.

I am using CCM 4.1(3), H.323 gateways, Gatekeeper. What would be the easiest way to achieve that (maybe to an IVR....)?

Please help me with your great ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas Plaul

3 Replies 3

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

i know you are not looking for a VM solution but these are the two options i normally have.

1. Using Call Handlers in Unity (VM :( ) and in there i can specify the time. i have the prompt saying sorry office closed and then goes to the "night service" or they can dial the party ext as normal.

2. used the IPCC express (AA) and did the same thing. created a simple script - Specify the TOD for the call routing and the associated prompts.

Not too sure if this is what you meant but this is how i normally distinguish between the working/non-working and weekend hours.

Hello,

first of all thank you for your answer. I mean basically I should be able to use the ToD features in the CCM (apply Time schedule on partition and then add partition to the CSS of the PSTN gateway).

My question was more focusing on how to stream the "out of office" message to the incoming call and the easiest way to achieve that.

Best regards,

Andreas Plaul

Sorry i couldnt help. see this thread as it may be the only other thing that comes up in my mind and it was my post as well

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde39cf/0#selected_message

im thinking no matter what, the active matching pattern must go to some type of voice response which can either be IVR or UNITY.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: