cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mm_no_state problems

mikedelafield
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPN that frequently enters the state "mm_no_state" and we are forced to clear down the ipsec connection and/or reload the firewall.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? The VPN works fine 90% of the time but frequently drops to mm_no_state.

What should I check? What could the problem be? Any help or advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure the access list is configured properly not to block the connection. Also check for the shared keys used. Change the key( keep it as simple as possible )and see if this happens.

Thanks.

The thing is VPN works okay most of the time. But occassionally drops to MM_NO_STATE and does not recover without 'clear isakmp sa' command.

I think the problem may be related to SA lifetime settings? Does anyone agree with this theory?

What hardware are you using. I have a couple ASA 5505's doing weird stuff like this...the VPN could work for days and then drop and not recover, but the remote site still has Internet connectivity and can even ping the headend, but the VPN just won't recover until you reboot the remote 5505. I can't confirm that it is the same issue as you because I am not on site and can only get in via the VPN....when its up.

Just crypto isakmp keepalive 10 on both sides and check if this continues to happen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: