cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0(1) unable to boot, after unclean shutdown

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

CuCM WAS shutdown, when trying to boot this morning, got message on console that "the system appears to have shutdown uncleanly" gives error "couldn't find matching filesytem: LABEL=/common

then we are prompted to give a root password for maintenance. Don't recall being prompted to enter a root password during installation. Where do we go from here?

3 Replies 3

guilhem.perez
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

my customer meet the same issue. Did you have to install CUCM again?

Best regards

Thanks

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

I guess the best way to recover it fast as possible is to do a install and restore from backup.

Ofcourse you might be able to recover the filesystem by using the tools etc, however that might come and hit you when you wont expect, as then one has to make it explictly sure that everything got recoverd the in the process, a thing which I have failed most of the times, and always now recover/repair using the backups.

HTH,

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Thank you for your response. I'll re install and restore. I hope the restore will pass :-)

Best regards

Guilhem PEREZ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: