Urgent - management question

Unanswered Question
Nov 8th, 2007
User Badges:

Quick question about management. A customer is looking for a management solution for his ASA 5505's which would be deployed in various branch offices and he needs to manage these from a centralized GUI (similar firewall policies, etc)

I haven't had much experience or have heard much about CSM but is that the right product or would you recommend another one?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
wiluszm Thu, 11/08/2007 - 06:57
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello,

You're on the right track with CSM (Cisco Security Manager). CSM would fit perfectly in this role. We use it to maintain 6 ASAs and about 120 PIX firewalls. It is great for policy-based firewall administration. Compared to other CiscoWorks products, CSM is very stable and performs ideally in the situation you describe above. If you have anymore questions, let me know.

-Mike

http://cs-mars.blogspot.com

ciscors Thu, 11/08/2007 - 16:33
User Badges:

1) I've put in the professional edition part. Does it have any other requirements or dependencies apart from server hardware

2) I've never set up CSM before but have worked a little bit with VMS. How many days do you think it'll take me to set up for 10 ASA's for a client?

Thanks a lot

Actions

This Discussion