cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent - management question

ciscors
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question about management. A customer is looking for a management solution for his ASA 5505's which would be deployed in various branch offices and he needs to manage these from a centralized GUI (similar firewall policies, etc)

I haven't had much experience or have heard much about CSM but is that the right product or would you recommend another one?

2 Replies 2

wiluszm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You're on the right track with CSM (Cisco Security Manager). CSM would fit perfectly in this role. We use it to maintain 6 ASAs and about 120 PIX firewalls. It is great for policy-based firewall administration. Compared to other CiscoWorks products, CSM is very stable and performs ideally in the situation you describe above. If you have anymore questions, let me know.

-Mike

http://cs-mars.blogspot.com

1) I've put in the professional edition part. Does it have any other requirements or dependencies apart from server hardware

2) I've never set up CSM before but have worked a little bit with VMS. How many days do you think it'll take me to set up for 10 ASA's for a client?

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: