cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN load balanced connection and failover

coladmin
Level 1
Level 1

On our 6509 we have two WAN ethernet connections that I have setup using two default route statements to load balance, by destination not by packet, across both connections. This is working OK however I need to configure these routes so that there is failover should a single route goes down. Can I use Object Tracking in this scenario so that both routes continue to have an equal weighting but should the last resort route fail, traffic will failover to the other default route. In all of the documentation that I have read the on this subject mentions that failover to backup routes which isn't quite my situation.

All thoughts gratefully received

Iain

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

koltl-gold
Level 1
Level 1

Why not? The point is that a route is injected or dropped from routing table depending on a track state. You'll assign the same administrative distance to both. Two ip sla's, two tracks.

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

koltl-gold
Level 1
Level 1

Why not? The point is that a route is injected or dropped from routing table depending on a track state. You'll assign the same administrative distance to both. Two ip sla's, two tracks.

Peter

ah....that's the sound of the penny dropping.....many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card