cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup with Unified CM 6.0(1)

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

Having problems getting a Backup from CM 6.0, using freeFTPd (sftp server). I can add the Backup device & point to folder on client with the sftp server running, this means i can communicate with the sftp server. However when i try to initiate a manual backup, i get the message "Failed to initiate backup, Unable to access SFTP server".

when i look at the log file on the sftp server, i get the following ...

11-08-2007 14:34:38 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager connected

11-08-2007 14:34:39 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager is changing dir to / (C:\AUC_BACKUP\)

11-08-2007 14:34:39 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager is listing / (C:\AUC_BACKUP\dUmmI_Drf)

11-08-2007 14:34:39 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager is deleting /dUmmI_Drf (C:\AUC_BACKUP\dUmmI_Drf)

11-08-2007 14:34:39 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager disconnected.

Anyone got this working?

cheers

Colin

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rob, if you read that thread, it doesn't tell me how they got it working.

Hi Chris,

Sorry about that :( I thought this note meant they had;

"Finally got it working using freeFTPd as the sftp server.

Set path name to . (yes just a single period)

Anything else caused an error "unable to access sftp server".

Only wasted 3 days on this - ARGHH!!! "

Sorry,

Rob

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

Looking at the thread posted by Rob, i agree that iti looks like the CM is writing a test to a dummy file & then deleting it. However straight after that we get disconnected & the Backup fails on the CM with a message "unable to access SFTP server".

I have experienced similar problems with the FreeFTPd in the past. The way I have configured it is as follows:-

1. Under SFTP configure the SFTP root directory for example E:

2. Create your user and configure the home directory E:\Backup

3. Under virtual directories create a folder named Backup, set the virtual to Backup and configure the real path to E:\Backup

4. When you configure the DRS network location specify / for the path name.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

Allen,

What version of CM are you using?

Because we still get disconnected immediately after the Dummy file deleting message.

Cheers

Colin

I have this simular setup with FreeFTPd with both 5.0 and 5.1 CCM Cluster, unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to test same with 6.0.

Regards

Allan.