cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup with Unified CM 6.0(1)

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

Having problems getting a Backup from CM 6.0, using freeFTPd (sftp server). I can add the Backup device & point to folder on client with the sftp server running, this means i can communicate with the sftp server. However when i try to initiate a manual backup, i get the message "Failed to initiate backup, Unable to access SFTP server".

when i look at the log file on the sftp server, i get the following ...

11-08-2007 14:34:38 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager connected

11-08-2007 14:34:39 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager is changing dir to / (C:\AUC_BACKUP\)

11-08-2007 14:34:39 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager is listing / (C:\AUC_BACKUP\dUmmI_Drf)

11-08-2007 14:34:39 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager is deleting /dUmmI_Drf (C:\AUC_BACKUP\dUmmI_Drf)

11-08-2007 14:34:39 IP 192.168.9.1 SFTP voyager disconnected.

Anyone got this working?

cheers

Colin

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rob, if you read that thread, it doesn't tell me how they got it working.

Hi Chris,

Sorry about that :( I thought this note meant they had;

"Finally got it working using freeFTPd as the sftp server.

Set path name to . (yes just a single period)

Anything else caused an error "unable to access sftp server".

Only wasted 3 days on this - ARGHH!!! "

Sorry,

Rob

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

Looking at the thread posted by Rob, i agree that iti looks like the CM is writing a test to a dummy file & then deleting it. However straight after that we get disconnected & the Backup fails on the CM with a message "unable to access SFTP server".

I have experienced similar problems with the FreeFTPd in the past. The way I have configured it is as follows:-

1. Under SFTP configure the SFTP root directory for example E:

2. Create your user and configure the home directory E:\Backup

3. Under virtual directories create a folder named Backup, set the virtual to Backup and configure the real path to E:\Backup

4. When you configure the DRS network location specify / for the path name.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

Allen,

What version of CM are you using?

Because we still get disconnected immediately after the Dummy file deleting message.

Cheers

Colin

I have this simular setup with FreeFTPd with both 5.0 and 5.1 CCM Cluster, unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to test same with 6.0.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: