I have the following topology in my lab setup. I am using xxxx routers, not cisco devices.
188.8.131.52/24-|R1| - 10.10.10.0/24 - |R2|
- configured RIP between R1 and R2.
- Added few static routes in R1 like
"184.108.40.206/24 via 10.10.10.10" where 10.10.10.10 is not existing.
- Redistributed above said static routes into RIP on R1.
- These routes are not visible in R2.
- If I add a route like "220.127.116.11/24 via 18.104.22.168" and redistributed, then these routes are coming into R2.
Is there any specific reasong for this?