cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista Windows PEAP not authenticating to A/P

mamentt
Level 1
Level 1

We just got a Think Pad that we can get to connect to our secure network. The laptop will connect to our open network.

The laptop has Vista Ultimate software and an Intel wireless connection. We can not get an IP address on the secure network. A/P 1200 series, ver 12.3(4)JA.

8 Replies 8

elkono200
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

that is not enough information about your system, DHCP Server WLC etc.

but.

other notebooks will connect succsefully?

is the authentication successfull but no hes getting no IP?

~elkono

All the Laptops on XP are okay using Peap and Leap. We are using Dell wireless utility on the above laptops. The one in question is a Think Pad with an Intel wireless adaptor running on Vista ultimate. It can get on network sometime but it does not get an ip address.

Follow up: these are the from the event log;

Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 001d.e00a.3e23 Reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS

2 Nov 13 11:19:58.644 GMT Error No Radius hosts configured.

3 Nov 13 11:19:42.978 GMT Information Interface Dot11Radio0, Station 00CISAP7 001d.e00a.3e23 Associated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

I either get 0.0.0.0 ip or a 169.xxx.address.

are you using IOS based AP or Lightweight?

I have IOS version 12.3.4JA on all my access points.

kurtmathews
Level 1
Level 1

The UAA Wireless is having the same issue. This appears to be limited to Vista machines sofar. We have tried disabling IPv6, moving across campus to different access points, but none of this worked.

Ensure that the Cisco Centralized Key Management (CCKM) is not enabled on WLC/AP in order to resolve this issue. It has been observed that with CCKM currently enabled on WLC/AP, Microsoft Windows Vista clients are unable to connect.

On the configuration, I have "None" for authenticated key management and the check box is blank for CCKM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card