Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Pool Issues

Hey all, I am having an issue with DHCP addresses on my wireless network. I have 2 WAP's each configured as a DHCP server. Each WAP has a pool of 25 addresses. Some users are not able to obtain addresses and when I go and check the bindings, the one WAP has 17 bindings and the other WAP has 11 bindings meaning that each WAP should still be addresses left to assign but that is not the case. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

How many dot11 associations are on each?

Also, what is your lease time?

what if any auth protocols are you using? WEP? WPA?

there are around the same number of dot11 associations. sometimes a few more, sometimes a few less because people from WAP1 move and associate with WAP2. Although there are never more then 25 assopciations on each. lease time is 9 hrs. im using WPA-PSK TKIP.

there are around the same number of dot11 associations. sometimes a few more, sometimes a few less because people from WAP1 move and associate with WAP2. Although there are never more then 25 assopciations on each. lease time is 9 hrs. im using WPA-PSK TKIP.

So they are associated, but are they authenticated? I don't have an autonomous AP handy to look at it. maybe it is sh dot11 auth....? not sure. Also, check the AP logs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card