cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to count outside interface traffic and record?

fmt_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a PIX 515E. My question is: how to count outside interface traffic and how to record the values for statistics?

I know that when we open the PDM, it's possible to have graphs showing the outbound/inbound data through any interface. But I need to conduct some study on traffic over a long period of time, say one to two weeks. And I need to be able to record any collected values.

So, I don't want to open the PDM all the time. But I've got a syslod server to record any values. What command do I need to start counting traffic on the outside interface?

I don't need it to tell me the byte count every minute. It could tell me every hour. So how to specify the interval?

And finally how to tell the PIX to send this data to syslog?

TIA

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can refer to this bug id for more information on outside interface traffic monitoring in pix.

CSCdr02225

I'm sorry, but I don't think I understand your reply.

I've gone to "Bug Toolkit" in support page, and then enter your bug id. But what I got is:

" Bug ID CSCdz02107 has no detail information at this time. Please add to your watch group. Doing so will notify system administrators of your interest in this bug. Bug Toolkit can then notify you when changes occur."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: