cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question Re: CatOS vs. IOS

rjrii
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of switches running catOS and I now have a third that was just installed running IOS. Is there an IOS equiv of the switch address on interface Sc0? A managment IP of any type?

Also should probably mention the catOS switches are running old Sups where as the new switch is running Sup720s

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Randy

The switches with Sc0 you are talking about the supervisor (which runs separately from the MSFC) and needed a management address. So Sc0 is configured to meet this need. With your new switch running IOS both the supervisor function and the MSFC function run in a single entity. You will use interface vty for management of the native mode switch.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Ric said SC0 is the management interface and the address you would telnet to . The address you would use can be any routable address that is configured on the 720 and you would just telnet or ssh to that address whether an interface , SVI or a loopback interface .

For me, the simplest way to add a management IP would be creating a VLAN interface and giving it an IP on the VLAN subnet. In essence, that is the same thing on CATOS. You have to put SC0 into the correct VLAN. This is assuming you are not routing. If you are routing, there are multiple options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: