cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone with Cisco VPN client

randy.walton
Level 1
Level 1

I use the Cisco VPN client version 5.0.01 to connect to my company network. It works fine. Lately i have been experimenting with IP phone services Skype and Gizmo. They work perfectly except when i am connected with the VPN client. Every 5 minutes exactly (by the pc clock) at the top of the minute, my call fades and eventually gets disconnected. The calls work perfectly and do not get disconnected without the VPN client connected. So the question is "what does the VPN client do every 5 minutes on the dot that interferes with my call?

2 Replies 2

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

It might be the problem with the interface usage and check any timeout settings or keepalive is less for the other device and with the PC interface.

dave_sanders
Level 1
Level 1

I have heard of this problem before. If I remember correctly there is a default value on the ASA/PIX that resets SIP connections every 5 minutes.. if you increase this value to a much higher number it will go away.. Im not 100% sure of this answer but do remember there is a default value with the SIP or H323 protcol that times things out after a specirfied period of time..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: