cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1800 vs 2800

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to bother you with this but I couldn't find what I was looking for. As far as feature wise I see the difference between the two I was looking more hardware wise to see what the difference is. Reason being is currently I have a 2610 and I run software compression on it and at times I think that the cpu gets over runned buy the compression it as to do along with all the massive FTP and other things. At any rate I wanted to replace my 2610 with either a 1800 or 2800 but I wanted to know, hardware wise if there is a difference between the 2. Like is the processor the same or different the CPU is their a difference between the 2. Anyone know where I can find this info or let me know? Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Missing attachment.

Lots of problem with the forum since yesterday!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/index.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/index.html

Very self explanatory on the differences from those 2 pages.

2800 would be the ideal replacement for a 2600 Series router. A 1800 is comparable with a 1700 Series.

HTH,

Thank you sir but I've seen those already..sorry I guess I didn't explain very well I was trying to see hardware wise if there was any difference between teh 1800 and 2800 are the processors the same maybe it is in those links and I missed but anyways thanks for the suggestion about using the 2800 instead of the 1800. I'll look at those links again to see if it talks about the processor speed and cpu again.

Hi,

A 2801 is 20% faster than a 1841 in terms of routing performances. See attached document.

Note, cisco does not release information of the speed of the CPU used, so to know that either you do reverse engineer the box, or use Internet sources that may or may not be reliable.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Missing attachment.

Lots of problem with the forum since yesterday!

Nice this is what I was looking for thank you!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: